Knowing that passwords alone are inadequate for data protection, SafeNet designed the iKey™ 1000 USB token specifically as a portable and secure authentication token addressing the password replacement needs of both users and system administrators.
For Users: The SafeNet iKey 1000 USB token is convenient and easy-to-use; simply plug it into an open USB port and enter the iKey’s PIN.
For System Admins: The SafeNet iKey 1000 USB Token is a powerful authentication device incorporating random challenges and real-time calculated responses, while shielding the user from the underlying process.
The SafeNet iKey 1000 USB Token is a powerful, portable two-factor authentication device ideally suited for e-mail security, file encryption, Windows 2000/XP/2003 logon security, and iKey partner solutions. Additionally, included are client middleware software and drivers that allow the iKey to be used on a large range of workstation models.
Supported Operating Systems
- Windows 95 (OSR 2.5 or later) with MSCAPI and USB patches
- Windows 98 or 98SE
- Windows ME
- Windows NT 4 Desktop (SP6a or later)
- Windows 2000 Pro and Server (SP2 or later)
- Windows XP Home and Pro
- Windows 2003 Server
- PKCS #11 v2.01
- Microsoft CryptoAPI (CAPI) 2.0, CSP
- Applet PC/SC compliant
- iKey Native CAPI Security
- Cryptographic key generation, verification, and signing-in software
- MD5 Hashing and Random Number Generation (in hardware)
- 8KB EPROM ensures secure storage of keys, passwords, certificates, applications, and other data
- Algorithms: RSA 1024, DSA, DES, and 3DES (in software)
- Tamper-proof casing
- USB communication speed at 1.5 Mbits
- Maximum power consumption at 28mA
- 3 second write time for a 4 kb file
- 1024-bit RSA (software)
- X.509 digital certificate storage
View Features & Benefits
Compact and Convenient
Smaller than a stick of gum, the iKey 1000's small size and rugged, tamper-resistant construction make it easy to carry so users can always have their unique digital identities with them.
The iKey 1000 features a built-in USB 1.1/2.0 port, making is easyto connect to virtually any computer. This token offers the security benefits of a smart card without requiring a smart card reader.
Onboard Cryptographic Processing
Unlike other smart card or token-based authentication systems, the SafeNet iKey 1000 offers onboard key generation and cryptographic processing to ensure that cryptographic keys remain secure at all times.
Advanced smart card technology without the need for a reader device
Reduces costs through use of a single management platform and software developer kit
High–assurance, multi-factor authentication
Extremely portable and compact
Proven compliance with mandates requiring secure access
Onboard cryptographic processing
View How To Buy