Luna SA is the choice for enterprises requiring strong cryptographic security for paper-to-digital initiatives, digital signatures, DNSSEC, hardware key storage, transactional acceleration, certificate signing, code or document signing, bulk key generation, data encryption, and more.
Scalable Security for Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Virtual Platform Support - vSphere, Microsoft Hyper-V, and Citrix XenServer
- Digital Certificate Authentication
Market Leading Performance
- The only HSM on the market that delivers high performance implementations for the full range of Suite B cryptographic algorithms.
- First HSM to integrate with Microsoft SQL Server 2008 & integration with SQL Server 2008 R2 for optimal SQL Encryption.
- Cryptographic acceleration up to 6,000 1024-bit RSA tps; 400 384-bit ECC tps
Management and Operational Cost Savings
- Central Administration - Remote PED
- Cost Savings - PKI Bundle
High Assurance Trust HSM
- FIPS 140-2 Level 3 validated
- CC EAL 4+ certified cryptographic module
- Dual, hot-swappable power supply ensuring consistent performance and no down-time
- Ethernet connectivity for flexible deployment/communication with other network devices
Secure Hardware Key Management and Cryptographic Processing
SafeNet Luna SA HSM ensures the integrity and security of cryptographic operations in a robust, high- availability appliance. Luna SA is capable of up to 6,000 RSA and 400 ECC transactions per second and offers optional standalone authentication to protect the most demanding security applications.
Remote Central Administration
The Remote PED (PIN entry device) is an authentication device that connects to a remote Windows workstation via USB, and communicates over a secure network connection to a Luna SA. Full PED functionality facilitates management of security administration functions by offering the security administrator to centrally manage administration rights remotely by simply inserting the required key, and entering the secret PIN into the PED.
Cost Savings with PKI Bundle
With the SafeNet Luna SA PKI Bundle solution, product and maintenance costs are dramatically reduced by combining HSM functionality that usually requires 2 or more HSMs into a single HSM "bundle" of modular functions. For CAs with certificates and root keys, for example, rather than requiring separate HSMs for key generation and key export for offline and online root CAs respectively, the requirements can be fulfilled by only 1 Luna SA HSM which stores keys in hardware achieving FIPS 140-2 L3 security.
For Solution Partners/Integrators/Developers
As a component of a multi-part solution, the success of a SafeNet HSM relies on global partners integrating with the HSM as quickly and easily as possible, all for an attractive price. SafeNet remains at the forefront of global interoperability, offering integrations with latest technologies from the following to name a few. To request specific integration guides, or search for one of our more than 600 partners, access the Partner Search page or click on the partner of your choice: