Cryptocard Hardware Warranty and Return Materials Authrication Procedure
CRYPTOCARD warrants that its products are free of defects in materials and workmanship from the date of purchase for the period indicated:
Product & Period
- CD-1 Tokens - 1 year
- KT-4 Tokens - 5 years
- KT-5 Tokens - 3 years
- RB-1 Tokens - 5 years
- SC-3 Tokens - 1 year
- UB-3 Tokens - 2 years
- KT or RB Initializers - 1 year
Defective tokens will be repaired or replaced free of charge within this time period. Discharged batteries are excluded from this warranty. Customer must pay for transportation costs to return the defective goods. This warranty is contingent upon proper use of the tokens in the application for which CRYPTOCARD supplies them and is void if:
- The token has been modified without CRYPTOCARD’s approval
- The token has been mistreated or damaged through neglect or abuse (cracked LCDs, bent cases, damage by liquid, etc.)
- The token has been subjected to unusual physical or electrical stress
- Customer has opened, or attempted to open, the token beyond that required to change the battery on any device that has battery replacement capability.
- Customer has - or attempted to - reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, translate, copy or alter the token or any of its components.
- Customer has not purchased and paid for technical support or MAS service on a continuous basis since the date of purchase of the token
- The token is lost or stolen
If a Customer encounters what they believe to have a manufacturing defect in a token with a valid warranty, the Customer must obtain an RMA number from CRYPTOCARD’s Technical Service Department in Canada in order to be entitled to return product for warranty purposes. Customers may return individual tokens, but CRYPTOCARD recommends returns in groups of five or more to reduce per-token freight and processing costs.
Contact the CRYPTOCARD Technical Service Department in Canada by clicking here.
When a Customer validly returns a token to CRYPTOCARD under this warranty, CRYPTOCARD will, acting reasonably and without prejudice to the Customer’s statutory rights, make the final determination as to the existence and cause of any alleged defect. If there is a manufacturing defect, CRYPTOCARD will furnish and repair parts or replace the tokens on an exchange basis. Such parts and replacement tokens may be either reconditioned or new and may be a different model of at least equivalent functionality. CRYPTOCARD will return the repaired or replaced tokens to the Customer within two weeks at its expense by a method of delivery of its choosing. Upon receipt of the repaired or replaced tokens, the warranty shall continue for the remainder of the time listed above, plus the period that Customer was unable to use the tokens.
If there are defective tokens returned under this warranty that not branded with CRYPTOCARD, CRYPTOCARD will attempt to replace like with like, but reserves the right to replace with the equivalent CRYPTOCARD-branded tokens.
CRYPTOCARD does not guarantee that the software, firmware or hardware it supplies shall operate uninterrupted or without error.